SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigerwiggy

I scored today!!

tigerwiggy
16 years ago

My DH is in route sales and he has 3 Lowes on his route. He asked them to save broken tile for me. We went and picked it up today and I got a shopping cart FULL for $1.15. There are some 12 x 12 pieces that I don't like, but I figure they would be good for painting on. I got some pretty slate and even some marble, but it is like the backsplash around our bathroom sink and it is thick. I don't think my wet saw could cut it. I also got a 25 lb bag of Maepi (sp) Irish Cream grout for $2.22. They had two 25-lb bags of another grout for $1.44 each but the color was quarry red and I didn't think I would ever use that color and didn't think painting it would cover the color very well. I've spent 2 weekends cutting up plates. DH told me I need to start gluing it to something now.

I keep laying it out and arranging and rearranging, but I just haven't been satisfied with anything so I scoop it up and throw it back in the bucket and then a few days later I do it all again.

I can't remember if I posted here or on the junk board that I was going to limit myself to what would fit in 2 big tubs, but my patio is quickly being covered by piles of tile and dishes, I have 8 plastic containers of stained glass sorted by color in my BR, 1 container I haven't sorted yet, plus 1 container of china in my BR. Then in my office closet the top shelf is glass things I've been saving to mosaic on, glass gems, beaded necklaces, etc. Not to mention the glue, the GE II, the thin set, grout, and sealer in the utility room. We have 4 cats and use the large Tidy Cat containers, which are perfect for storing stuff like grout in. I told DH he needed to build me a shed just to put all my containers in.

As you can tell I've mastered the collecting part. Still can't get a finished project yet though.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County