SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgranara

Sofa Advice

dgranara
13 years ago

So, I've been in the market for a sofa for a good oh, 3 or 4 years now and I can NOT pull the trigger. My husband and I have literally never bought a major piece of furniture together. Everything we have now either belonged to one of us before we got married, was a hand-me-down or a craigslist buy. So, this is not something I'm taking lightly.

We have two young kids, but I'm sick of waiting for them to be old enough to "not ruin anything." I figure things in our house tend to be, uh, "well loved" anyway. This isn't something that I'm buying to NOT use. However, if I spend good money and buy from a reputable place, I expect this sofa to last a good 15 years at least. I've been looking at some Lee Industries stuff and some Rowe sofas. There were a few companies I'd completely written off due to price.

Well, come to find out the exact sofa I'd LOVE to own from Restoration Hardware would actually be slightly CHEAPER than the quotes I've gotten on some of the Lee Industries sofas. Which leads to my question: Is Restoration Hardware quality really all that good? I've heard good and bad things (regarding sofas, specifically). Does anyone here own one? What has your experience been? My top two requirements for this sofa are a bench cushion and a slipcover. RH has both of those covered.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio