SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wlpitcher

Andersen Renewal vs. Marvin Infinity casements

wlpitcher
15 years ago

We're replacing 20 casement windows in an English Tudor house in northeast Ohio, trying to keep as close as possible to the look of the old steel casement windows.

Color was a big issue, Andersen is just coming out with a darker brown which is close, a little lighter than Tudor brown; Marvin has a slightly darker brown. The vinyl's didn't come close color-wise.

We're down to Andersen Renewal and Marvin Infinity fiberglass, with the Infinity quoted at a few thousand more. The Infinity frame seems better constructed, the Andersen metered corners seen rough. U factors are close.

It's coming down to installation and thats what I don't have a good feel for. Andersen's installation setup seems better and Marvin has a lower J.D Powers customer satisfaction rating but that may not apply to this specific dealer, who said they have certified installers who have been with them for years.

Should I go with the fiberglass and seemingly better construction and take a chance on the installation - seems to be the quandary.

This is a one time shot for us and I would appreciate a voice of experience.

Thanks

Comment (1)