SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brachl_gw

dilemna re windows & siding

brachl
16 years ago

We are putting Hardi-plank on our house, and using a friend's company to do so. (The company has been around for more than 40 years, and we know they do good work, so we are using them because he's our friend and they do good work.) We are also replacing all of our 20-year old builder grade windows. We wanted to use the same company for windows and Hardi-plank,but our friend's company only sells two lines of windows -- Alside and Great Lakes. I have read lots of negative comments on the Alside Excalibur, which the salesman (not our friend) first recommended to us, and some negative comments on Alside windows in general. I have also read that while Great Lakes makes nice windows, their prices are not good. So I am considering using a different company for the windows. However, I have also read that good installation is very important, and I trust our friend and his company. I also am under the impression that there is value in having the same company do both the Hardi-plank and the windows. So, am I better off getting windows from him, even though I am not thrilled with the choices, or getting windows elsewhere and having his company do only the siding?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths