SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

Wine Platter & Glass

15 years ago

Well, I finished my platter & wine glass just in time. (Wine club meets tomorrow night at my house.) These will be the door prizes.

I do wish I would have had a bit more time to work on this. (I don't know why I wait till the last minute to do things!) I did a rush job and it shows.

I should have worked with the grout a little more and taken the time to clean around the 1/2 marbles better. When I grouted, the grout was a bit on the wet side, so it didn't want to stick on the ceramic platter. So I just smooshed it in place. Then the little black trendils came loose so I filled in with grout in the space where they were.

But it is what it is and I hope the recipient will at least like it!

I recently joined a wine club and they take turns hosting. I invited everyone to come for "Wine in the Garden" this Wednesday night and thought it would be a natural to have some type of mosaic for the door prize. When at a little wine shop, I found the small plaque that I used for the middle. Since we all sit around a big table and sample different wines, I thought this would be really fun to somehow use. Our hardware store had their summer clearance a couple of weeks ago. They had these beautiful ceramic turkey platters originally priced at $34 marked down to $2! I bought six of them! The wine glass was $.98!

I think they turned out to be pretty nice door prizes. It is something that I would like to receive. Don't you think?

Becky

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County