SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newstepmommy

So upset over drama

newstepmommy
15 years ago

Hello again. I have not posted in a while but have been reading the posts when I get a chance. So much drama has been going on with bm and us since summer began that I do not even know where to begin.

The kids went with bm for scheduled visitation. She picked them up on a Thursday and was supposed to bring them home on Monday. During that weekend bm was arrested for drug use. Seems that her and her bf stole prescription drugs from someones home a while ago. Parents called police and somehow during visitation it all caught up with bm and she got arrested in front of the kids. We were not called and the children were left with a friend of bm's. I guess the friend was at her house during the arrest and nobody mentioned the kids?

After a day the friend realized that bm was not coming home right away and she called my dh. Thank god!

He went and picked up the kids from bm's home. We have not seen this place before. He said it was filthy and there was NO FOOD in the fridge or cabinets! In the only bedroom and there was one bed with no sheets and it was really just a mattress on the floor. The familyroom had a beat up couch. He said the whole place just looked grimy and clothes were thrown all over.

The kids were wearing the same clothes as when we dropped them off except with no socks on anymore. They were both dirty. They were both talking about mommy being taken away by the police.

So my dh was livid and sick over the conditions they had spent a few days in. He called his lawyer who did some research and found out bm had another drug charge recently as well as a dwi case-driving while intoxicated. The lawyer also found out that bm had been in rehab a few months back and then checked herself out. We knew nothing about it because bm skips visitation without calling frequently and we don't even ask for reasons anymore.

Lawyer suggested an order of protection for the children against the mom. So after much thought dh decided to go through with it. He got a temporary order that lasted a few weeks and then we went back to court.

The bm is still in jail, though her boyfriend who was arrested with her has been out since the next day. The judge extended the no contact order of protection for a year. So this means that she is not allowed contact of any kind for one year.

The bm's parents have now began harassing us. They are saying that my dh caused all this and he should not have the kids!?!

Since then we see bm's parents drive slowly past our house often. They even showed up with the cops once and tried to show some piece of paper bm wrote giving them custody of the kids! When we showed the court papers the cops apologized and sent the parents on their way.

My dh is afraid their harassment will not stop. The parents told him if he does not drop this order of protection that they will make sure he lands in jail. My dh says they will probably have people lie and say he did things that he is not doing. So now he is afraid to be alone anywhere for fear that he will need a wittness to attest to his innocence for whatever they may have people try to accuse him of.

My emotions are so mixed about this. I am so disgusted that she could be so irresponsible and be out getting in trouble. I am so sad for these kids because I don't even know what we are going to tell them about not seeing their mom.

And not to sound like a big cry baby but I am feeling overwhelmed. Having the kids full time is a big responsibility. We were doing it for a long time. But now with the added stress of bm's family I just want to cry. Why aren't these people using all this energy to help their daughter instead of hurt their grandkids?

I feel a little better that I let it all out.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH