SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norcalgirl00

First Time Brides & Stepkid Wedding Logistics

norcalgirl78
15 years ago

I wonder if anyone has comments or advice on including stepchildren in weddings? The idea of a family wedding seems nice - after all, isn't "blending" the family (for lack of a better word) the idea? But weddings are also about uniting a man and woman in marriage - without that, there is no family to blend.

I'm curious to know how SMs here included children (or not) in their weddings, and dealt with logistical issues like their future very young stepchildren who live across the country participating in their wedding, and feeling a part of the big day, without taking all the focus off the couple.

BF and I are not engaged, but when I think about our wedding in a hypothetical sense I am unsure how we would deal with this challenge. Please no one misunderstand - I can't imagine marrying BF without his DDs there. I just don't know how they would arrive, who would mind them (all BF's family lives overseas), and where they would go afterwards. I have looked everywhere for scenarios like this and can't find a thing.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company