SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taigen_gw

Mirrored obelisk....design ideas (6 pics)

taigen_gw
14 years ago

First of all....I HATE STORMS!! Our basement is flooded and we are on a waiting list for the inusrance company!! This happened last year with Hannah!

I spent yesterday drawing out various ideas, here's the results. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the ideas.

Number 1... plain mirror. I am not sure if the large center piece would crack though. Our temps can get as low as -25C in the winter? Any thoughts on this?

{{!gwi}}

Number 2...larger pieces of broken mirror, I think about the size of my hand or so. This one has various green glass and dragonflies. I'll show you the dragonfly at the end.

{{!gwi}}

Number 3...okay now getting right into this whole pond/garden thing. again larger pieces of broken mirror. My concern here is that the lower section of this may be hidden by plants etc. where I plan on putting it.

{{!gwi}}

Number 4...large broken mirror all over with some dragonflies here and there. I could even do the dragonfly with the wings sticking out for a more dimensional aspect?

{{!gwi}}

Dragonfly....I have about 20+ of these guys left over from another project. Most are already soldered together but could easily be taken apart or as I said used as is to add dimension.

Single one not foiled

{{!gwi}}

Foiled and soldered ones

{{!gwi}}

So....what are your thoughts?

I am going to try spraying some of scrap coloured glass with mirror paint to see how that looks and if is keeps the glass "light" looking. Do you have any other ideas for that?

Comments (21)

Sponsored