SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

Traditional Home with White Walls/ Dark Accents

leahcate
13 years ago

Someone asked about white vs. tan walls. I wanted to begin a new post and hope teacats would see and re-post pics of her living room, which is a great example. There were other good examples on here at one time. I love the look of white walls in a traditional home with antiques, etc....but only if done very carefully. Seems to me it needs more editing than walls of color, or can look cluttered and just not pleasing. It's a simple and elegant look, but warm. ttodd's home looks perfect as is, but also a great example of a home that would naturally take to that look of all white walls. Perhaps that's due, also, to her style of simple and serene decor. Also, the whole area(downstairs, say) needs to be white unless it's a very separate room, and that should be a very dark shade. I'm no pro, but this is my impression of great white walls in a traditional setting. I see a dark baby grand, dark wood floors, dark oil paintings( teacats!) and stairs, etc. I'd love to 'hear' what others have to say, and hope the more learned ones chime in. I will never have white walls in this house, but do admire the look when pulled off just right. Maybe it can work equally well another way, but not that I have noticed. Prove me wrong! :>)

Comments (15)