SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dtownjbrown_gw

Choosing A Replacement Window Company - Any Advice? (pic)

dtownjbrown
15 years ago

Im currently in the market for replacement windows for my single story, 1920s, bungalow style home (see pic below). My windows are HUGE and PLENTIFUL, with the smallest of twenty-five measuring at 30x62. With such large and so many windows, I can only afford to replace a couple of windows at time. At first, all I wanted was the most affordable window I could find that would qualify for the 2009 tax credit (i.e. meets the 30/30 criteria). However, after four different in-home consultations, Im finding that the warranty, construction & installer are all important factors to take into consideration. Problem is, each of the 4 companies that have come out to give me a window demonstration is saying that their warranty/construction/installers are "better than the competition".

During my most recent consultation, with a MAJOR manufacturer who does their own installations, I was shocked to find that the price was cheaper than ALL of the other 3 companies (even Home Depot). Oddly enough, each of the "other" companies claimed to be "just as good" as this MAJOR manufacturer. Now, how can you claim to be "just as good" but cost more????? But I digress......what Im hoping someone can help me with is deciding on some KEY FACTORS to look for when choosing a company to install my windows. Thanks in advance.

{{gwi:38678}}

Comments (5)