SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertmarcy

Anybody have Serious Windows?

desertmarcy
13 years ago

I am narrowing my window search to either the 725 or 925 series of Serious Windows. I realize the trade-off for really energy efficient windows is a low VT. Since there is no dealer locally, there is no sample to actually look through. I have read on this forum people saying they wouldn't get a window with a VT less than about .5. But I am in bright, sunny Tucson, Arizona and the sun here is really intense in the summer. I'd love to hear from anybody who has either of these windows and lives in a similar bright and sunny area. Energy efficiency and low maintenance (I'm getting fiberglass) are my primary concerns. There will be lots of window area in this new addition--room size will be 28' X 36' with 8 32" wide X 64" high windows plus a glass French door. Plus we will probably put in a couple of skylights (this is a sunroom/indoor exercise pool room after all). So am I crazy to worry about the windows being too dark? The VT on the 725 (casements and fixed) is .38 and .49; on the 925, it is .29 (casement) and .38 (fixed). Thanks all, this forum has been really helpful.

Comments (14)