SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holden94_gw

Trace 4024 Inverter wired as a UPS question

holden94
16 years ago

Newbie here,

I have a solar photovoltaic home that is also tied to the power utility. The solar part is operation but in a very limited capacity. I recently installed a Greenwood wood boiler as a forced hot water system for heating the whole house. It is powered from the utility.

My concern is around possible power loss which is not uncommon in the Northeast. So unlike gas or oil boilers, if the power goes out the fire continues to heat the primary loop on the boiler but without the ability to get rid of heat since the circ pumps would be off. This may or may not be relevent info for my question.

The inverter I have has the ability to work as a UPS and I'd like to tie the power for the boiler (and related components)into the inverter. So this really gets to the wiring which I need to understand. I get that I need to wire the utility powered breaker (feeding the boiler) into the inverter/ups to the AC HOT Input. My question is if I can wire from the UPS AC HOT Output back to the breaker or does it need to run to the actual appliance?

Sorry the long Explaination but it seems relevent.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (3)