SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tired23

Marrieds and tired

tired23
16 years ago

Well here goes....I am married (I'm 23& he's23) it's going to be a year July 22, and I'm at my wits end. My Husbands parents passed away in September, 1suicide/1homicide(why so plainly put? It allows me to detach). That was the opening of our married life together, then we moved back home to help raise his younger brother who had lived with us once before. He was staying with his sister when she started stealing his money. My husband and I have not been alone, lived alone since after the funeral. As of right now, I am the only one working, husband was laid off, and both our brothers live with us, mine is due to lack of a male role model. I work nights and have a hard time tending to my home as I usually would so I have so desperately tried to seek the help of my DH. He half cleans everything, and finishes nothing w/out my doing. He has started going back to school online, which is a great thing!

But since the start of this marriage we have been in a constant struggle for balance. Over and over I tell him that he is the adult in the house when I'm gone and he needs to make sure the boys help keep the house clean. Ya'll I am tired, on my off days I'm cleaning and washing clothes, things that he could've done. I'm constantly on the boys about cleaning up behind themselves. All they want to do is play the game, mind you this is an 18 & 14 year old I'm talking about. When it comes to discipline, I am the one doing it, don't do this and you are too old for that! I'm tired of being the bad guy. I'm not a neat freak but my house has to be clean...period. Theres so much that I can't

get into its ridiculous, I'm tired of repeating myself, and not having help or backup. He says he needs my help with his brother, but when I try to stand fast in our decisions my husband doesn't. He lets him off the hook every time. And only does something about it when I start acting like a mad woman. I know that it's hard for them, and I find myself holding back as far as B-in-law in concerned because of the death of their parents. At one point I stopped asking my DH for help because I didn't want to add any stress, but now that he's not working I could use the help! This is all too much for me, I am strong but I am mentally and emotionally drained and I'm too tired to fight any longer. Help

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!