SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprengle1

kitchen remodel....circuit layout

sprengle1
15 years ago

Forgive any ignorance I show, DH is the electrical expert in the family. But I am starting to think ahead for the electrical in our kitchen remodel and what the circuits will look like. We've already had final inspection for some of it (addition) and have discussed some of the rest.

Here's the plan so far

refrigerator- dedicated

microwave in cabinet- dedicated

dishwasher- dedicated

window air conditioner- dedicated?

garbage disposal- combined with 6 undercabinet flourescent fixtures (this was already approved by our electrical inspector)

2- 20A small appliance GFCI circuits

We will have 10 outlets in all. Reusing one GFCI breaker for some (already in original box) and the remainder GFCI outlet controlled. Only coffee maker and toaster oven will get used regularly and are on the same countertop/side of the room. Other appliances (toaster, mixer, can opener)just sporadically. Should they be on different circuits? How many duplex should go on the GFCI breaker?

lighting (5/6 recessed cans, over sink single bulb fixture, over table single bulb fixture, center ceiling 3-bulb fixture) combined with range hood? Can this be put on one circuit? Can the undercabinet be on there also?

If we did not combine disposal with undercabinet, would we be able to combine dishwasher with disposal as I have seen suggested on other threads? We don't have the disposal yet but dishwasher 'recommends' seperate circuit. It shows a total of 9.6 amps (if I read the miniscule print properly). The garbage disposal we are looking at is Waste King 1 HP and I can't find electrical info on that.

Sorry there are so many questions.

Comments (14)