SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasonblu

'matching' typical 70's era dark 'bronze' aluminum windows

jasonblu
14 years ago

I have a 1977 era, split level, semi-modern looking house in MD. It has the typical black (dark bronze) aluminum framing double pane glass windows of that era. I can't afford to replace all the windows (over 30 in all) with modern high E windows right now, but I do need to replace a couple that are foggy, and I want to have installed a nice big picture window (~6'x3') slider in a wall of a downstairs bathroom so I can look out it from my soaker tub. I'd like these new windows to match my existing as close as possible, be more efficient, and last forever with minimal maintenance.

I am the type that likes to have just a few really nice things, rather than a bunch of substandard things -- but, like everyone else, I love to save money. I am a tireless "bargain hunter" and work hard to always try to get the best price out there for these items. I find, with some 'sweat equity shopping', I can often get top of the line products for the price I would pay for middle of the road products that are easy to find and buy [i.e. Big Box Stores].

That said...knowing now what I need, and what I like, what kind of windows (Brand [andersen, pella, marvin, etc], Model, Material type [vinyl, fiberglass, etc] etc) do you all think I should get, and, most of all, where is the BEST place to shop for them online or in the Baltimore/Washington/Annapolis area.

Thank you all!

Comments (4)