SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mfbpa

Cutting, Nipping, Breaking, Tools of the Trade

mfbpa
10 years ago

Would like to hear your thoughts on cutting different types of tess and what tools are essential and other tools you just love.

I use alot of stained glass and like to nip it, something about the edges not being uniform appeals to me, although I must admit there are times when I want a particular shape and need to use a tool to get a desired finished piece.
So then I turn to....... What? I have a hand held glass cutter, I score the glass and then break it, doesn't always work the way I would like.

I never know the best tool. I've wasted alot of plates and glass experimenting. Honestly I don't even know what's out there, tool wise. When I read silvas article this morning it led me to another and this person mentioned a Taurus 3 ring saw... Never heard of it... Expensive, but interesting. I don't want to run out and buy a million different tools, but if there is something to make life a little easier I would like to know about it.

My husband has a tile saw, he is a carpenter. It's loud and I didn't see any guard around the blade... Is that typical, it makes me a little nervous.

So, are you using a tile saw to cut you plates so precisely, a glass cutter, what?

Thanks for any and all answers!

Comments (5)

Sponsored