SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Speaking of True Stories of Awful Moms

sylviatexas1
15 years ago

Someone said something on the "great man" thread that reminded me that there really are some truly awful human beings out there, & a lot of them are fertile.

I once worked with a woman we'll call Mikki who:

1. married the underachieving, dope-smoking son of a very wealthy man, thinking she'd get control of a chunk of money.

The husband's father was pretty canny, & he never gave his son a dime.

Mikki divorced him & kept his very well-known (in the community) name;

I worked with her in a business office, & lots of people thought that she was the daughter of the wealthy man, & of course she never corrected them.

2. She married a paraplegic who had a big liability suit pending.

Unfortunately, it turned out that the defendant's liability insurance had low limits.

Mikki left him.

3. She started seeing a married man of another ethnicity (this will be important a little later in the story) who owned his own company, & she deliberately got pregnant (she *told* me this).

She thought the man would divorce his wife & marry her.

surprise.

He confessed all to his wife, legitimized the child, & paid child support.

4. She had an affair with the well-to-do husband of a female friend, "accidentally" got drunk with the wife/friend, & confessed that she was in love with the husband & said that he was in love with her & that they wanted to get married.

She thought the wife would boot the husband out & the husband would marry her.

surprise #2.

Husband dumps her, wife dumps her.

5. She has an affair with an older man who spends a lot of money & entertains her & makes no demands.

6. She meets a *doctor* about her own age, a guy who comes from a very religious family.

She starts carrying a Bible around in her car.

They get engaged.

Did anyone notice that she's still married to the paraplegic?

So now that she's engaged, she gets her very smooth & diplomatic older guy (who's still squiring her around when her fiance is doing his residency in another state) to talk her husband into an annullment.

7. She marries the doctor. big white wedding, all the trimmings.

She has approached his family & told them that she made a mistake & she wishes she hadn't but that she loves her son & is glad she has him.

(She despised her son; every time I saw her look at him, she looked like she was smoldering with rage, maybe because he was a reminder of a plan that had failed, & every time she looked at him, he flinched.)

8. She immediately got pregnant (the best way to bind a man to you for life).

As soon as that baby was born, she began a campaign to have her husband the doctor adopt her older son.

As she said within my hearing, "I don't think it does him any good to be a (fill in ethnic word of your choice here)".

Her son's actual father wouldn't cooperate, darn the bad luck.

Had her husband the doctor adopted the boy, & had Mikki & the doctor divorced, she'd have gotten a lot more child support from him than she was getting from his father.

the last I heard, which was years ago, she had had another child, both her younger children were named Biblical names, she went to church every time the door was open, & she was still married to the doctor.

Every now & then, I wonder how the first little boy is;

he'd be about in his mid-twenties now, I think.

I hope he's happy & well.

Comments (12)