SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

neighbor issues

mom2emall
15 years ago

So this is not a "stepparent" issue, but I figured you all have good advice so here goes.

There is a neighbor boy that we have known since last year when we bought our new house. His family is really nice and the boy has played well with our kids. He has older brothers as well that have occasionally played baseball and other sports with all our kids.

The problem is the things I have recently discovered the child saying. Last night my 9 yr old made a really inappropriate comment and when I asked him where he heard such things he told me the neighbor kid said it. I explained to him that it was not something a kid or even adult should be saying to people. Then today the neighbor kid was over playing and I heard him tell my sd and her friend that they were going to marry girls someday. I looked at the boy and told him we do not talk like that at our house and if he wanted to play over here he could not talk like that here either.

I am not contemplating telling his mom about it. Just kind of saying "I wanted to let you know..." and then tell her the few things he has been saying lately. On the other hand I am worried that she will not take it well and it will cause a problem between us.

What do you think??

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor