SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_in_nc

Niece getting married

susan_in_nc
18 years ago

I just received a shower invitation for a shower for my niece. Now, I donÂt truly have a question, just want to vent!

Several years ago, after her parents broke up in a nasty separation (so I do understand where the hurt came from) she told some members of my family that she didnÂt want to have anything to do with us. She had been close to my daughter (who is just a few months younger than she is). We were told that although we had not done anything to her YET, she just couldnÂt trust any of us. Now for the part that is hurtful to me  my family had never been supportive to her. All contact was broke with us, but contact was maintained with one of my sisters (who partied with the nieceÂs dad). Family friends in another state heard over a year ago about the upcoming wedding. We have not been told anything nor have we been invited to the wedding.

So, now I have an invitation to the shower, given by the brideÂs sister. By the way, MOB was a BIG etiquette snob that told my family that we were gauche. Invitation as said is from immediate family, plus it has registry information printed on the bottom of the invitation. Plus, when I did go look at the list, there are two different dates for the wedding, one about 6 months from now, the other in 2007!

Now, as I said  this was to vent. Yes, she is my niece and despite some callous treatment by a very immature young lady, I will respond as a loving Aunt, even if the wedding invitation never is sent  but needed to get some grief out of my system! I see a Bridezilla on her way . . .

The shower is several hours from where I live, and as a joke, I have considered arriving to "Surprise" my nieces and announce that I was "staying with them to catch up". Of course, I would never do that, but it is fun to roll it around a bit.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals