I Do Foundation = Registry

WendysCritters

This charitable foundation/registry was featured in this Sunday's paper. Has anyone used? It sounds to me like a wonderful idea... any thoughts about it?

~Wendy

Here is a link that might be useful: I Do Foundation

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Nice idea for guests who specifically ask what you'd like. Still, I would think that most people would want their gift to go directly to the bridal couple, and contribute to charities of their own choosing.

Save    
sweet_pea10

As a wedding coordinator, I have had couples who asked for no gifts and asked their guests to make a donation to either a charity suggested by the couple or to a favorite charity in lieu of a gift. That leaves the guest with the option of making a donation or not making one as they choose. I really like the idea of using a wedding to in some way benefit others, even if it is as simple as cleaning the location where the wedding will be held, such as a park, beach, or historic site.

Save    
anita9

http://www.freedomtomarry.org is a good one too. Very appropriate for a wedding!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Architecture Know Your House: What Makes Up a Home's Foundation
Learn the components of a common foundation and their purpose to ensure a strong and stable house for years to come
Full Story
Events See 5 Colorado Landscapes That Blend Nature With Artistry
These Denver and Aspen gardens — part of the Cultural Landscape Foundation’s Garden Dialogues series — embrace their larger environments
Full Story