SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jnastasi_gw

Seeking Advice for New Patio Door

jnastasi
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

We're currently finishing up an addition to our home here in Louisiana, and I'm contemplating what type of patio door to install in our MBR.

Currently we have the lower end (metal) swinging French doors with integrated blinds sandwiched inside the full lite clear ODL glass. Not the greatest and certainly not the most energy efficient. Whatever we go with for the MBR will probably become our door of choice when I switch out the other patio doors down the road.

Windows on the house are Simonton Prism Platinum LoE-366 with perimeter grids ...so I'm looking for a patio door that can be outfitted with 366 as well.

Sounds like fiberglass might be the way to go. Have been looking around at Simonton Lumera, Marvin Integrity, Simpson and Therma-Tru.

All of the doors are under a porch and, while we are in hurricane territory, I'll probably stick with traditional inswing.

Any recommendations from what we're looking at or, in the alternative, anything that we should possibly add to our short list?

I like what I saw of the Marvin, and that we can get it (from the factory) with a black exterior and primed interior, but there's only one place around here that sells Marvin. I suspect Jeld-Wen, Pella and Anderson are more popular around South Louisiana.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

John

Comments (12)