SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenmaness_gw

Sliding Patio Door - Window World Price Tempting!

karenmaness
14 years ago

We have an odd-sized patio door (88" wide, currently 3 panels with the door in the middle) that we would like to replace with a 2-panel slider. We've had some of our windows replaced by the local Pella office (and have been satisfied) so I called them back out to give a price on a new patio door. Their installed price was about $5000. At that price, we won't be doing the project any time soon, although our old door has foggy glass and we are very tired of the kids slamming the door! I stopped by the local Window World office yesterday and the salesman gave me an estimate of about $1400 to replace the door with an all vinyl slider (with low E and argon). The price difference between the two options is huge, obviously. My trim outside and in is all white, and the aesthetics of vinyl don't bother me. This patio door is under a roof that covers part of our deck, so it does not get direct weather or much direct sunlight. We are very tempted to go for the Window World door since at that price we could go ahead and do the project before spring/summer when we use our deck constantly. Anyone have thoughts / insights on the vinyl Window World option, or have suggestions on other things to consider here?

Comments (34)