Help w/ space needed for 72' round tables & 85 chairs

abcjets

Help- i will be having approx 85 guest. I am wondering if anybody can tell me the space needed for a 72" round table w/ 10 white fold down standard chairs. Does anyone have a cleaver way to lay out tables/chairs w/in a 24'x 33' area?? Thank you!!!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

The rental centers figure that a 5' round with 8 chairs needs at least 10' of space to be able to pull out chairs. Therefore, I would guess that a 6' round with 10 chairs needs at least 12'. The best way to lay out the tables and chairs is to use graph paper that has a grid on it. Then figure out how many squares equal a foot and go from there.

Save    
talley_sue_nyc

I could be wrong, but I think with a 72" table, people won't be able to talk to anyone except the person sitting next to them. Bcs the curve of the table is so great, they can't see the people beyond them, and the people on the other side are too far away.

Best of luck w/ your planning

(great info, sweet_pea10!)

Save    
sweet_pea10

Actually, 5' and 6' round tables are the most commonly used sizes. The table is round, not serpentine, and it is easy to see guests across the table. Once a centerpiece, silverware, glasses, etc. are placed on the table, the size isn't imposing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Decluttering — How to Get the Help You Need
Don't worry if you can't shed stuff and organize alone; help is at your disposal
Full Story
Furniture Eclectic Matchups: 10 Round Dining Tables With Chairs
Check out these ideas for pairing round tables with complementary chairs of different styles
Full Story
Studios and Workshops Your Space Can Help You Get Down to Work. Here's How
Feed your creativity and reduce distractions with the right work surfaces, the right chair, and a good balance of sights and sounds
Full Story
The Mission of USA Cabinet Store and Design Center is to provide the best customer service, the highest quality... Read More