SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

Found one website for salvaged windows anyone know of any others

jejvtr
18 years ago

75 yo Dutch colonial

Beginning renovations which includes removing 2 big picture windows from an original porch enclosure - the sils are low 28" and we are re-doing kitchen - to difficult to do a counter run - ANd by putting in new/used windows we will architecturally match the other side of our home.

The research to date I found a Marvin wood window 6/1 single glass true muntins, thick sash, single pane w/storm - most the others seem to have a big architectural drawback and I don't want to get into custom $$$$ the Marvins are $500/ea for the product

my question

1. in Northeast (I'm in Fairfeild county CT) what pricing for install - will need to do some framing, insulation, clapboard painting - Interior is really not an issue cause we are gutting

2. Is anyone familiar with salvaged windows I found a site today & got excited here's the link http://www.architiques.net/

After looking at offerings I'm starting to be convinced the wood/windows used 75 yrs ago may have some real advantages - So much so that I'm opting to have aprox 25 6/1 double hung reset, replace wood casing/parting strips, scraped all built up paint, reset stop moldings priced at aprox $200/window and addition $40/window for re glazing (how is that pricing?)

ANy advice here - thanks eileen

Comments (7)