SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Birdbath and Toad Abode

texaswild
15 years ago

Finally finished Shea's BB. For those newbies, this was one of the demonstration items Riana used in the March workshop held in my town. Because my DD gave the artist a ride from DFW to TXANA, she gifted her w/this birdbath. It is made from the diamond mesh/concrete technique. On the third row of photos, one can see all sides of the birdbath. I used the new concrete colorant I bought at Lowes recently, and believe me, that stuff is STRONG. I only used a teensy bit to color the water I used to mix the mortar for the bowl. Waaaay darker than the charcoal I had planned to use. Had to mix about 1/4 cup extra for the edges of the bowl, and I just rinsed the container I had used to mix the colorant w/water, and it is colored the mortar. FYI I probably used about one tablespoon of colorant for about a cup of water to begin with. I was mixing in one of those little Glad plastic containers - about 16 oz size, and had about 1 3/4 cup of gray mortar. I put in the ??cup?? of water/colorant, then begin to add just water. BE CAREFUL using the liquid colorants. It's great, but goes forever. Probably won't have to buy another bottle for years.

Riana Birdbath/Toad Abode

Comments (23)

Sponsored