Wedding Program and entertainment question

MaryAnn_AL

We will be having a special band playing at the reception. Would it be appropriate to include their group's name as entertainment at the reception in the ceremony program? Maybe some other place....the invitations? We just wanted our guests to know so they would be sure to make plans to stay for the reception.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36

Wouldn't guests usually plan to stay for the reception? Where I am some people don't show for the ceremony but go to the reception.

Anyway...I wouldn't mention the band on the ceremony program. As part of the invitation are you doing a reception card? You could put "Dinner and dancing following the ceremony at the Our Town Country Club". If there is no dinner you could just say "cocktails" or whatever you will have. I wouldn't mention the band by name. The day isn't about the band.

Save    
gellchom

I wouldn't include it anywhere -- definitely not in the invitation (and I don't care if it's the Rolling Stones or the Boston Symphony -- YOU are the stars of your wedding). I suppose if you are naming the caterer, florist, etc. in the program, sure, go ahead and name the band, too -- but I don't know why you'd name any of them, either.

No matter how special this band is, people will attend your reception because they want to celebrate with YOU!

Save    
sweet_pea10

I agree with the others. The band's name doesn't need to be mentioned at all, partularly in the program. You can verbally tell your family and friends about the band and they can then share the information.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Pre-Storage Checklist: 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Store
Wait, stop. Do you really need to keep that item you’re about to put into storage?
Full Story
Working With Pros 12 Questions Your Interior Designer Should Ask You
The best decorators aren’t dictators — and they’re not mind readers either. To understand your tastes, they need this essential info
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Survive Your Home Remodel: 11 Must-Ask Questions
Plan ahead to keep minor hassles from turning into major headaches during an extensive renovation
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We strive daily to continually make ourselves better, because we realize that our name, image and performance is... Read More