SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

June check-in: What's everyone working on?

loribee2
12 years ago

I have not abandoned all my projects, I swear! We have been busy landscaping a section of our yard, which I'll be finishing up in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, I have been sliding in a little mosaic work when I can. In progress:

> I grouted my mushroom cap and put a layer of primer on the stem. All I have to do is paint and seal the stem, glue them together and that will be done.

> I started mosaic on one of my butterflies. THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS!! Pardon my french. But I've discovered they are extremely difficult to mosaic. So much so that I've considered painting the other two, LOL. What makes them hard is the rebar pole, and having to mosaic the top and bottom. It's an awkward piece to work with. But I'm plodding along, intent to finish the first one, then I'll see what to do with the other two.

> I put a layer of slurry on my big concrete flower. It is now ready for tile.

> I've made some progress on Mr. Sea, but he's taking a back seat while I get some of these smaller projects out of the way.

> Am contemplating making a mushroom as a hostess gift for my brother and SIL. We'll be going to their cabin in July. I was going to make them a butterfly, but...see above. LOL I was going to use wild colors for the mushroom cap and call it a "psychedelic mushroom". Being that they're products of the 60's they would get a kick out of it.

What are all of you in the middle of?

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!