SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine10_gw

Step-grandchildren

sunshine10
15 years ago

My step mother is a nice lady but shows a favorite to her own daughters children. My step mom and father watch her grandchildren for the last two years almost every day. I realize she is a single mother and in need of help. It just hurts that they NEVER invite my children over. They are good with birthday gifts, Christmas gifts. But that is not how I want my children to remember their grandparents. My father left our family when I was about 12 and he has raised her children. He has taken them in as his own and the grandchildren. One of her grandchildren as asberger or autistic. He is a handle and I do not enjoy being around for every family gathering. For my daughters birthday she assumed her grandchildren were invited and said "I assume you know they will be coming with us" I replied and said I didn't assume that and was trying to keep it small. Anyway, just my father arrived. The evening was very nice and quiet. Exactly how I wanted. Was this wrong of me to not include them. I do sometimes, but do I need to for eveything? Her daughter and I are not friends.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County