SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mosaicwench1

Heartbroken

mosaicwench1
16 years ago

It got up to 92 degrees in my neck of the woods today. That may not seem like a lot for you Southern folks, but for Wisconsin that's a record. Average high this time of the year is the high 50's. We also had 60 mph wind gusts.

One of my garden orbs (better known as bowling balls) was literally blown off it's stand, hit a concrete in-ground bird bath and then rolled a good 10-15 feet onto my patio . . shedding tesserae and grout with every revolution. The orb is no more.

So I'm sitting on my front porch just around dusk lamenting the loss of this orb and mindlessly staring at another garden orb (this one a stained glass arrow ball finished about a month ago).

"What's wrong with that grout line?" my inner mind asks . . . "you're grout lines aren't ragged like that . . . . ."

I look at it closer in the failing light and see the grout is falling off. I grabbed it and ran into the studio that has MUCH better light . . . and low and behold I see that the bowling ball CRACKED underneath all my glass and grout. Must have been the heat. The crack extends almost three quarters of the way around the ball . . . .

I just shut off the lights and closed the door of the studio and am now doing my best Scarlett O'Hara impression . . .

I'll think about it tomorrow.

Comments (28)

Sponsored