my shutter creation

annielu

Found some shutters in the trash, and got the skates for a buck!

Thought I'd post em since I haven't been here awhile!

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
des_arc_ya_ya

Well, how cute! Did you do the painting on the skates yourself? If so, great job!

Where are you going to put it?

Save    
shysue

I really like the way you decorated the shutter. The ornaments that look like bread...are they? The skates are icing on the cake...uhh, I mean shutter. Great job!

Save    
annielu

Thanks all!
I did the painting onthe skates also. The ornaments are made from osnaburg and then I used modge podge and sprinkled them with mica.
I have a craft show in December, so this will hopefully be sold!

Save    
annielu

Yes you may use it on your site. I would be quite honored...

Save    
shysue

Annielu, I am going to show my ignorance here and say that I had to look up "osnaburg" to see what it is! LOL It made really neat ornaments.

Save    
countrygrl

I guess I need to start grabbing shutters when I see them at the curb...I love these!! It could be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. If you don't like to paint, you really don't have to. You can add whatever you want on them! Thanks so much for sharing these!

Save    
tuscaroramaiden

That looks great! I would never have thought to hang the skates on the shutter. Of course, I'd never have been able to paint the skates as wonderfully as you did, so I'd probably be hiding the skates not displaying them.
Great Job!!

Save    
luvstocraft

Those look great Annielu, your painting on the skates is darling. Luvs

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Window Treatments Your Windows: Roman Shades 101
Give your shades a personal touch with pattern, texture and trim
Full Story
Craftsman Design Roots of Style: See What Defines a Craftsman Home
Charming features and intimate proportions have made Craftsman houses an American favorite. See their common details and variations
Full Story
Great Designers Louis Kahn's Modern Residential Masterpieces Get Coverage at Last
See 9 of the celebrated architect's lesser-known projects, U.S. homes, in a new book filled with photos and details
Full Story