SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totallyconfused2

Was Anyone's Granite Backsplash Done Like This?

totallyconfused
15 years ago

Nothing about picking our granite has been easy. I thought we were going to get to select our slab, but before that happened, one had already been picked up by the fabricator. Then we were supposed to get to see the slab at the fabricator's, but before we got there (the same morning we were told he had picked it up), it had already been cut. Then, before I had a chance to clarify which edge I wanted (the builder sent me one list of choices, the fabricator a different list), the edge was done. Imagine my amazement when I went to see my granite during installation and I loved it. There was only one thing I found a little odd. On one wall I have a tall pantry cabinet, refrigerator, another tall pantry cabinet, then a lower cab drawer unit with granite on top. They put a 4 in. backsplash along the wall behind the drawer unit as I would have expected, but they also ran the backsplash along the side where the counter and the side of the pantry meet. It looks a little odd to me but it was already in place by the time I arrived at the house. I just wanted to know if anyone else's backsplash was done like this.

Thanks,

Totally Confused (who will be very glad when this house is finally finished)

Comments (8)