SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andresrr_gw

Matching upholstery with curtains?

Andresrr
12 years ago

So we have some very large glass sliders in my family room where we installed some khaki colored curtains. I have gotten used to them but I have not lost sight of the fact that there is a lot of fabric there.

Anyway, my wife and I are in the process of buying a very expensive (and beautiful) sectional to go in the room. The last thing we need to decide is the fabric.

So while looking at samples, we had narrowed it down to a beige-ish 100% linen fabric that we think is absolutely stunning. But, we had not considered how it might look in front of the the drapes (which is where it would be).

Now we are sort of stumped. The two colors are a similar shade but very obviously different colors. We are now afraid that they may clash. Also, we already have a lot of very muted earth colors and wonder whether adding more of the same would sort of dampen the room?

We actually got a loaner sofa from the company to try out (because we know the owner) and now I am considering whether we should go with a lighter, creamed colored fabric to brighten things up a bit. The is the actual color of the loaner (see below). I took this picture at night so the colors aren't perfectly accurate.

On the other hand, this will be in the family room so do we really want a lighter color that can be stained easily?!?!?

So in light of the curtains and the rest of the muted colors, would you go with a cream, a darker beige, or something else?

As you can see, we are very confused.

Comments (19)