SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiostressed

Help with Step Daughter

ohiostressed
17 years ago

It's time for me to ask for help before my marriage and family falls apart. I think I am to blame for most of the problems that are happening. I have known my husband and his kids for over 2 years, I had lived with them for 5 months before marrying him. He has a son 16 and a daughter 14. I have a daughter 10 and son 8. For the most part everyone gets along aside from your normal family problems except for his daughter and myself. When I was dating him we started out fine, but since we got married (and I feel her mom that lives away has something to do with this), she seems to only go to him and only include him in anything of interest. Such as ... dad can I do this, dad can I have that, dad did you see me hit that ball (she is in softball). When we drop her off at a friends house for an overnight stay, she says goodbye to him only with me sitting right there in the car. One time she introduced me with just my name instead of step mom like her brother does. This isen't always the case though, she does come to me when she needs something or sometimes just when she wants I guess. That is why I'm torn. I'm to the point now where I don't want to be with her, talk to her or do anything for her and it is hurting this family. My husband has tried to talk to her asking why she is the way she is, and she says she doesn't know. She isen't that bad and I realize that there is a time for adjustment, but to not acknowledge me in public and only share things with her dad,

hurts my feelings. Is there something I can do to get through to her or am I doing something wrong. Please help

Thank You

Comments (4)