SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idie2live

Have you ever been lost?

idie2live
14 years ago

Hi everyone, I certainly had an adventure today! A friend and I went to spend the weekend in Virginia Beach, Va to visit her daughter. We also went last year so we did not expect any problems.

On the way back home we were talking so much that I took the wrong branch when I-264 split around Suffolk, Va. We had the GPS so we decided we would let it guide us back to SC. Well, it did, but it took us through every small out-of-the-way-barely-a-town-at-all bend in the road. I saw more country scenery than I ever want to see again by accident!

We were in the middle of nowhere, it was getting dark and I was not 100% sure where the GPS was taking us. Finally we saw a gas station, stopped and asked for directions to I-95. Nobody knew EXACTLY, but said we were going in the right direction. I'm asking you, if you were 20-something (like the store clerks) wouldn't you know how to get to the largest city within 50 miles?

Off we go. We came to another store on the side of the road and asked for directions again. The guy gave very precise directions (but I did stop later when I saw another store in a small town to verify). Finally we got to Rocky Mount and I-95!

When I got home I looked on Mapquest to see where we had been and discovered we were smack dab in the middle of nowhere!

The GPS was actually taking us home, but for some reason it was using back roads. When we first got off track, I would have thought it would have asked us to backtrack to pick up the highway. Technology - gotta love it!

PS, I must admit, I was a little worried.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider