SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nailsrred

Step Daughter Out of Control!!

nailsrred
17 years ago

I was looking online to find some insight on how to deal with my 20 yr. old step daughter. She recently moved back here into our home after living out of state for 1 1/2 yrs. Her Mother moved across country because her husband got a job and the kids went with. Her mother was calling here constantly asking my husband for help and advice because she was out of hand and they were fighting constantly. Well her Mom ends up kicking her out and she moves into her own apartment. She got a good job as a secretary and was able to afford living on her own. We were concerned with her taking on all the debt but couldn't talk any sense into her. Well she ended up losing her job because was constantly late. So when her lease was up she moved back here to live with us. I knew it would be difficult but it has been just awful! I got her an awesome job at my salon but when it came down to it she wouldn't work there because she wanted to be "herself" meaning she didn't want to have to remove her lip piercings. So she has gotten a minimum wage job at a young adult shoe store so she can be "herself". She is in debt big-time, has no money, has bill collectors calling constantly- but still manages to go out every night! She barely gets up in time to go to work and she screams bloody murder at me if I try to get her up. She swears at me and is very disrespectful! I told her she can get out and move to Grandma and Grandpa's house if she doesn't like my rules. She screams back insisting that no, no, sorry she's not going anywhere. She defies me and the rage sometimes I feel sometimes is scary! She is such a rag! My husband needs to get her in control! He is doing to whole tough love thing. He doesn't help her with bills and if she sleeps too late- too bad. But yet he still doesn't make things better. I have told him over and over that I can't deal with this and I am not going to. He doesn't take me seriously. I felt like backing some bags and leaving earlier today, but why should I leave my home which I work so hard to pay for! I don't know what to do! She doesn't do one thing to help out- like she's suppose to. She is so disrespectful to me and our home! I think she is either on drugs or is bipolar. Any ideas how to deal with this.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH