SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlb47

Granite countertop advice needed!

jlb47
14 years ago

Hello there, after reading many posts about granite countertops I know that there are many members with lots of knowledge and know-how about this exciting subject!

I am hoping I might be able to get some help...

My husband and I are doing a complete remodel of our kitchen. We are going with off-white kitchen cabinets. The floor will be wood.

We definitely want to go with granite but after visiting two stores in our area, are a little confused/overwhelmed/excited. A common problem!?

Our initial idea was to do something dark. We've had Uba Tuba before and I'd like to do something that isn't as consistent in pattern. I love looking at the slabs that have 'movement'. But I am a little nervous about something really, really bold. Maybe we could find a middle ground? I also want to stay away from getting too deep into tan/brown tones. We will be doing about 75 sq. ft. of counter, including an island that is about 9' long x a little over 3' wide - will have the sink in it. I have six young children - just so you have an idea of the wear and tear factor.

I saw some BLACK TITANIUM today that looked very interesting.

We saw some COSMIC BLACK and ASTERIX the other day, but from what I've read, these are a more fragile type of stone that can be difficult to work with. Do I have this right?

I was reading posts about JET MIST and found that option intriguing.

I am also open to going with a lighter granite. I loved the look/concept of PERSIA BLUE but I don't think that the colors are quite right for us.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you so much for your time!

JLB47

Syracuse, NY

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars277 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz