SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curbdiver1954

'Clean up on aisle 12'...a cautionary tale

curbdiver1954
16 years ago

Went to a big box home improvement store yesterday to pick up grout in between calls on my regular customers. Done it a bunch of times - the 10 lb bags are on a shelf just about eye level, so I grab the one I want and go. This time they were in a box cut at an angle on the sides so they'd stay upright...no problem, stepped real close to the shelves, grabbed the top of the bag, lifted it up about 3" and started bringing it down toward me....BIG mistake! The bottom had a fair sized hole in the seam...next thing I know I'm standing there covered head to toe in bone colored grout! I'm talking hair, nostrils, glasses, purse, new white shoes, mouth, red polo.....everywhere! Figure I got about a pound or so on me, the rest on the floor. Oh course, had to go stalking about the store like that to find an employee. Finally found one who was rather blase' about the whole thing - as though shoppers **always** wander around in clouds of grout!

So-o-o-o, the moral of the tale is: Unless you're fond of the 'dusty' look, lift the bag up, but NOT toward you until you're CERTAIN it isn't leaking! No idea how often this happens, but after it did I noticed quite a few grout 'hills' on a couple of other shelves. May have simply been a batch of poorly sealed bags, but wanted ya'll to be careful!

Pat

Comments (10)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner