SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessadawn_gw

Feedback for small house plan

vanessadawn
10 years ago

Me and my fiancée and our toddler are planning to build a small home on a lot in northern Alberta. Having grown up in 1000-1100 sq ft homes during my childhood I am keen on a smaller home. In Northern Alberta houses this size are pretty popular in older style homes.

The minimum sq ft for our lot is 1000 and we like this plan for a 1094 bungalow. We would finish the basement although maybe not exactly as this plan shows. My finance's father owns a construction company in town so we can probably build for lower cost than others. My fiancé will do some of the work himself. Our current master is the same size now so I am okay with approx. 10' x 12' although others would laugh at that size. We want three bedrooms upstairs for another child in the future and because it will be better on resale that way. Also our current place has a spare room at approx. 8' x 11' and I think that's not a bad size for a kids bedroom or nursery.

The main floor plan has no load bearing walls so I would eliminate the wall between dining room and living room, but leave the wall between kitchen and living room. I do most of the cooking and it my fiancé helps I thought he could use the counter space next to the fridge. I am also not going to put top cupboards on the space facing the dining room to open that up. Just curious what feedback we could get good or bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1094 bungalow plan

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES