SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotz_gw

GMonster

16 years ago

Hi GMonster..Read the other posts, I have to say I have a difference of opinion.....I think the loan was a transaction between two adults(you said it was for rent, I m assuming he was living on his own...Why would your SM and Dad have to be involved? If I loaned money to my brother or sister, and they didnt pay me back, why should I tell my parents?They arent responsible..Bad loan to a friend, call their parents?Even if my son borrowed money from my SS, and didnt pay back, I d be embarrassed, but I didnt borrow the money, and I think I d say, thats between the two of you to sort out..You re adults...You say they dont even know about the loan.....I feel your resentment when SM talks about how special the kid is, but you may be mixing up different issues....Because she s been mean and junky to you in the past...Make any sense?

Comments (4)

• 16 years ago

Dotz,

My post was a rant, a long tired out rant. If you read my first post, I stated therein that he will not return my phone call or call back. The next logical step would be to contact him anyway you know how, I also do not have his address. Which I doubt he will respond to a letter. And I think it is in good taste to try resolve an issue before just suing anyone. And that would cost money hiring a lawyer and taking time off work. OH, and it is like bad credit telling my dad....why would he continue to shell out money to someone who is not using it the way he said he is?

About being two adults, yes we are. We also grew up together from young ages and have been stepsiblings for 18 years. It is quite a bit different to say I'm telling on him to his parents if he was just a friend. Don't you think it would cause more of a family ripple and tension when a family member is suing someone unless it can just be solved amicably?

Anyway, I guess I have a lot of reasons to tell my dad if I wanted to pursue this.

Also, if you read the rest of my posts, you will see that I've explained it was a rant and I will take the high road. So, I'm not sure why you are starting another thread to direct to me?

• 16 years ago

Hi G, Starting new thread was a mistake, sorry, also tired after a long day, zigged when I shoulda zagged....Instead of follow up I typed in new post, didnt mean to...Oh, I sure didnt mean for you to sue anybody, least of all a family member...What I was thinking was, if you told your SM and Dad , would they think you had, like a hidden agenda, since they themselves didnt loan you the money? Dotz

• 16 years ago

Hi dotz,

Well, I think they (really stepmom) would be floored that stepbrother went behind their back to ask me for money. I mean, all the attempts to make him look...you know, special. And to ask the black sheep for money? Whoa, this cannot be right.

You are 110% correct, they would accuse me of having a hidden agenda or trying to "undermine" them. I can probably write word for word what they (meaning stepmom) will say, a talent I know -- you don't have to tell me :)

I know the entire conversation wouldn't really get anywhere and the end result? Oh, it will be that stepbrother mailed the check a long time ago...you didn't get it? Why didn't you call him? See Gigglemonster, this is exactly what we are talking about when we say you stir up trouble and haven't learned how to handle situations delicately.

• 16 years ago

Hey G, From one black sheep to another (in a lot of different familes, (my own, step, sisters)I always tell my DH let me write down what so and so will say and seal it in an envelope, and open it after they say it!!!Its a gift!! LOL

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus