SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pea_

Hello, Introduction

pea_
17 years ago

Hi, I started posting without introducing myself. I was kinda a bit concerned after seeing the orb horror story so I just posted.

I'm pea and new to this forum but have been a member on Gardenweb for a long time but had a couple years where I didn't visit or post due to rebuilding after the hurricane season of 2004.

I am a self taught mosaicist(mosaicer?). I am a potter by training and fell into mosaics cause I have a lot of shards. I got me a book on laying tile and adapted it to mosaicing stepping stones and flower pots.

I've always stuck with using the big bags of morter mix thinset and sanded grout(it must be a good method my stones have stood the test of time outside all year round for up to 6 years) but I've been asked to teach a group how to do shard mosaics and thought it would be easier to use premixed thinset both in time and mess.

Any advice on using the premixed thinset? Also does anyone have a guess as to how much time it would take a newbie class of mosaicer to break plates, design, make and grout a premade stepping stone?

p

Comments (10)

Sponsored