SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelew_gw

Need Help With Drapes/Sheers

michelew
13 years ago

Hi All,

First question - how do I embed a photo? I'd love to include a picture to illustrate my questions...

Anyway...I have two standard sized windows in our office that I bought 83" pinched pleat panels for. I hung them on a wrought iron rod with rings. Now comes the hard part - I bought sheers as well and I'm having trouble a) deciding whether to even use them and/or b) if I do use them, how to hang them so they are below the top of the panels (since I have rings, I can't just use one of those secondary rods you attach to the original rod. Tried it and the sheers stuck out above the rings. I also don't want to buy one of the special rod/sheer systems b/c frankly, I didn't like the look of any that I saw.) So...I went out and bought a standard aluminum rod to put along the top moulding of the window to hold the sheer. But I just don't know how good that will look. From the side the sheer will wrap around to the wall. I guess if I take the side of the curtains and wrap them around that would hide it. I've heard that is what you are supposed to do anyway when you have curtain panels on rods, even with rings.

Then comes the second question(s). I bought hangbacks to use with the panels (assuming the sheers would be in the background.) But nowadays you often see curtain panels hanging straight. Right now I have the curtains hanging straight and NO sheers, and I'm kind of liking it. The room is our office and it's not overly formal, but the drapes are a gold raw silk look. At night the drapes would be easy to just close since they are on rings.

Help! I'm driving myself crazy over this. Again, I took a picture and I'd love to figure out how to embed it in a message so you all could see what I'm talking about.

Thanks all!

-Michele

Comments (9)