SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larissawbb

Re: What can I do with my new house, Exterior, etc. X-Post

larissawbb
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first home and desperately need help on ideas for the exterior. Should I change the house color, shutters, front door etc... I would also appreciate any ideas on landscaping the front. It is completely finished inside but the outside really needs help and I don't know where to start. The siding is vinyl coated aluminum. It is 20 years old but in good shape. The roof is gray shingle and new. The house was is in a neighborhood that I always really liked. It is a neighborhood of cape style homes built in 1945 for soldiers coming home from WW2. The interior was done in English country and I really liked it. I just thought the outside was lacking curb appeal and thought maybe a different color on the front door and lighting fixtures? I know the front needs to be landscaped but don't know where to start. I like English country or country cottage. I guess what I don't like is the front door, lights, and some plants that would provide seasonal interest. I live in Zone 5 and there is not much to look at in the winter. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

larissawbb

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (10)