SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

What to do, what to do.... X post from Kitchens

gillylily
13 years ago

A few months ago in the kitchens forum I posted about a painting I had been longing for. It was a bit more than I would ever spend on artwork ( I tend to be frugal in that department) but something about this painting would not let me forget about it. We happen to "find" some money- we overpaid our car payment for 2 months (direct debit out of our account) and so the money had already been withdrawn- in my eyes it was already spent. I was bugging and bugging my DH about this painting and he finally gave in and said fine happy everything go get it. I did and it arrived on Monday. The reason I fell in love with this painting was b/c it was perfect for over our dry bar in my kitchen. When it came on MOnday, my love grew even stronger. I LOVE IT...

BUT,,,,,,

I just hung it up and now I realized it/the wall and the dry bar are not centered around the light fixture. The dry bar was an after thought after our kitchen was already done. The light fixture is an IKEA temporary fix as I could not figure out what fixture I wanted, and eventually I will be getting a 48/60" round table once the kiddos decide not to write on the table or use a knife on clay and accidentally ding the table. It doesn't look awful unless you are stading at the angle this picture was taken from (there is a slider behind me as I shoot the photo) but from the FR or far end of the kitchen it obviously is not a big deal..

I centered the painting on the dry bar not the wall as we you can see the light switch and thermostat. On the lower to the right of the dry bar there is a vacuum outlet and regular outlet to the right of the cabinet when facing it so the bar is not completely centered either..

So what do i do? I;m not sure why i am asking b/c the painting is not going anywhere. I specifically bought it for that location. Eventually we will get a new fixture (maybe sooner now that it is making me crazy).

Do you think it looks that bad? I don't think I will do anything with it or the light- I am not a big fan of swaggering fixtures so I suppose I just need to live with it.

Comments (9)