SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michymoo_gw

I so so so need some help

michymoo
17 years ago

Firstly - I am sorry this may not be a suitable forum or the right type of query

I have not done this before so hopefully I wont miss anything out. I am a 28 year old girl and had previously been in a relationship (my first ever) from 17 to 25  we were engaged although things were not right and I should have left at the time  but I was very young for my age and very scared  we had just bought a house together and I really was not happy. I could not really talk to my fiancé and at the time I met another man and totally fell in love  which I think I had never really felt before. I was 25 and the new person was 34. I found out from this new person before we were involved that he was unhappily married and had been seeing other people although his wife was 6 months pregnant. He also has a 2 year old boy. This surprised me as he didnÂt act at all as if he was with anyone and definitely did not seen to act like he had a child. One week later he left his wife and moved in with his Father. I used to meet him for lunch and occasionally after work and we were very close although nothing at this stage had actually happened  I still felt bad about it as I knew we were falling in love really deeply. The next thing that happened was when I was at home and I had a call from his (now ex) wife saying that she knew I was seeing her husband and that she was going to make my life hell. I confronted him about this and he told me to ignore it  but she bombarded me with texts and phone calls and got her friends to call my office pretending to be headhunters and tax inspectors and all sorts in order to find out who I was. At this stage I was still with my boyfriend and I was totally confused about what to do as I had been with him so long and was linked to his life and family and friends in everyway  I didnÂt have the ability or knowledge to know how to deal wit the situation and I really didnÂt know what I wanted. The new person was also bombarding me with flowers and text message and wanted to meet me all the time and sending cards / poems / presents to me  it was a very difficult situation. This went on for months before eventually the (now ex) wife found my address and called round to me house when my boyfriend was there and told him what she thought was going on. My boyfriend asked me and at the time I denied everything as I was so confused and the situation was I felt out of my control. I would say that at this time I had no real notion of the situation I was in  I canÂt explain without a billion additional words  but I was totally messed up and confused with it all. I knew I loved my long term partner  but I also knew I wanted to be with this new person and which I found so confusing as my entire life had been spent building a life I now was not sure of. ThatÂs just the background  sorry its so long  its so complicated. I stayed with my long term boyfriend and was still threatened and abused by his ex  she visited my parents, sent letters to my family stating that her husband was HIV positive etc etc. she used to park outside my house and tell me I had private detectives watching me and also her parents often called to my house and would park over my drive and tell me they wanted to see my partner and talk with him  and be abusive to me. I ignored all of this and tried to get on with my life. Eventually my partner and I split up and some weeks later I started to see the new person properly and was very very happy. At the time he concerned me because he slowly stopped seeing his children. I found it difficult at first to accept the situation and that he had children  as I felt that we were soul mates and we agreed that we felt like we were supposed to be  so in my head it seemed wrong that he had children with another person  but I was still very naive and young at 25. I am now 28 and have had the most difficult 3 years of my life. I am still with my new partner and he is now divorced from his ex wife. He didnÂt see the children for nearly 9 months when we were first together and I could not talk to him about I  he would just say that it was something he needed to sort out. Afterwards he told me that he didnÂt see them as he loved me so much and was scared of losing me  he didnÂt think I would accept them and found it hard to deal with himself. I told him that this was a stupid thing to think and he just said ÂI know what you are like  I was scared of losing youÂ. In this time his ex has still caused trouble and one evning stole his phone from him when she was in a bar and kept calling me over and over  I thought that it was my partner  so I was shouting down the line telling him to say something. The next day she had reported ME to the police for harassment and said that I had said down the phone that I would Âbreak the childrenÂs legs!!!  which I thought was unbelievable. 2 of her friends also said that I did this at witnesses. I was furious with this and the situation that she had previously created by contacting me and stalking me  so much so that the next time I was out for the first time I retaliated and after a few drinks I sent a text (from my partners phone) to her  which I know was wrong  but had been building up inside me for so long. Again  she reported this to the police and I now have a written warning to stay away from her and she cannot contact me either

My new partner and I have now lived together for over a year now in my house I used to have with my partner and we are due to move out next week and into a rental property together, His partner has still caused problems for him throughout the divorce and with the children as she will not let them near me or see me  or even for them to come to my house when I am not there so my partner can look after them. My partner works 6 days a week and has the children on a Sunday  he also put them to bed (in her house) on a Tuesday evening. She has started to ask him to look after them more and more  and to stay over more and more (she goes out for the night). I miss him awfully when he is away and I only see him some evenings  so our relationship has drastically changed. He feels extreme guilt for not seeing the children and the ex is also very manipulative and will use his guilt and the children to get what she wants. His ex does not work, he gave her a beautiful house worth 500k) and a huge lump sum (170k) and £100 per week maintenance) and she still asks for more money and says he is not doing enough. She puts a lot of pressure on him and uses the elder child (now 5) to manipulate my partners feelings. I think he should see the children and I donÂt stop him at all  but he wont tell me when or anything and he will make promised to his ex and the children and to me when he knows he cant keep them all. A few weeks ago (he was opening a new shop) and I had been working there in the evenings after my full time job to paint and stock etc. We opened on the Saturday and were exhausted. I had asked him to have the Sunday with me a few weeks before  so we could spend some actual time together and he said yes. We got into our own cars to drive home and then he called and told me that his exes gran was ill and he had to go look after the children  I knew that this was a lie and it had already been planned so I confronted him and he admitted that the week before he had planned it and she was going out and now he had to do it and thought that in the week he would have been able to get out of it!! He went anyway and I went home. Then last week we had a few days away (Thursday to Saturday) and just as we got to where we were going his ex called and said donÂt forget you agreed to have the kids sat afternoon  which he had arranged knowing that our flight would not get back till 11.30pm and told me that he had not told his ex he was going away because it would reflect badly on him!! Now we are due to move out of the house in less than 2 weeks and he has decided that he wants to take the kids away for a week over Easter and that the only thing stopping him is me because I need help moving out  I am just so confused and he keeps telling me I deserve better and he is messed up and keeps letting me down  which he does. I would love for the children to be part of our lives and everyone (apart from the ex wife) would be happier  as the children would see their Dad happy and in a loving relationship (we are extremely in love) and they could come whenever they like and his ex would have a break. But she will not allow it. I know that this is going to ruin our relationship (as it already is) and also if things donÂt work out  it will ruin my life too  as he is the one for me and I will stand by him every step of the way. I want to feel the same loyalty and dedication back  the way it used to feel. This may not be in the right forum or written in the right way  but please does anyone have any advice (or questions). Thank you

Comments (14)

• fleurs_gardener
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

michymoo,
    Welcome to this forum. I feel for you sweetie.

The fact that you have written down all your feelings in regard to your partner and the situation you are living, I am sure, helps you see a little better what you are accepting and what you are going through.

You are only 28 years old. You are young and although I understand all the love you have for your partner, you must be very,very strong to get involved with a man who has children.

The best advice I can give you right now is the following : please read every single post you can read on this forum in regards to steparenting. And then ask yourself : Is this what I want in my life?

Love has reasons that reason cannot understand.

Keep posting.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Wow.

My immediate reaction is to say that you don't have a partner here, you don't have a man who loves you, you have a manipulator who uses women & who has no conscience about destroying their lives.
    & he doesn't love his children, he uses them as alibis for his sleazy behavior.

This guy has exhibited his character:
    he lies,
    he ran around on his pregnant wife,
    he "didnt act at all as if he was with anyone and definitely did not seen to act like he had a child" (would he have been able to get you to become involved with him if he *had* acted like a married man with a toddler & a pregnant wife?),
    he had been seeing *other* people as well,
    he didn't see his children for 9 months & now the children are the excuse he uses to get away from you:
    He isn't really spending all that time with the children; there's another woman now.
    He's proved that he can "get" you, you're no longer a challenge.
    You're now in the position his wife was in when she was 6 months pregnant.

His ex is stalking you:
    wonder why? wonder what he told her about you?

& when she began stalking you, he began "bombarding" you with flowers & such, which was meant to distract you from the reality & convince you that he "loved" you.

& now the police have been called on *you*.

This will never get better, it only gets worse from here.

You were scammed, & you need to get away from this mess before your life is destroyed & you have problems you cannot solve (like a police record or a jail sentence:
    this kind of man *loves* to have women fighting over him & going to jail.)

Put your own life back together;
    Stay in your own home or move into a place of your own.
    Change your phone numbers.
    Do not answer your phone if you don't know for sure that the caller is *not* this man or his poor ex.

I'm sorry.

• Ashley
    17 years ago

michymoo,

I think sylviatexas is right about this. If I were you, I would get out. If you are unsure as to wether or not he is lying, you should get a private investigator, or borrow a friends car and follow him sometime. I seriously doubt he is spending all of that time with his kids. If he is, I'd be willing to bet that it isn't when his ex-wife isn't home. I'll bet that he is also spending time with her.

What was he doing hanging out in a bar with his ex-wife?

• coolmama
    17 years ago

Agrees with sylviatexas as well.By the way,any guy who leaves his pregnant wife,is not a good man.Look at kevin Federline.

• Vivian Kaufman
    17 years ago

Again, run like hell. You would want a man who cheats on a pregnant wife and abandons his children? There is NOTHING good to come of this EVER. He's shown his character (or lack thereof), and now it is time for you to show yours and demand better for yourself.

• sweeby
    17 years ago

Why is integrity such an under-rated trait?

It's absolutely essential to a good marriage, and this guy doesn't have it. He lies, cheats, 'weasels' and manipulates, plus, he's a lousy and inconsistent father. In short, he will bring you buckets full of pain for as long as you let him in your life. There might be some good times in there, but over the long run, there will be far more bad.

Get out now...

• jenny_alabama
    17 years ago

I agree with everyone else....run! He is no good.

• michymoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh gosh - thanks everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm going to have to think really carefully about this one as I am so entangled in it with my feelings. I would be devastated to give up on what I believe is the right person for me - but I understand where you are all coming from. Its just hard when you are actually the person in the situation yourself. I know he is with the children as we actually (probably and unhealthly) speak to each other almost all the time on and off - we are very close. But I may follow him sometime and check it out - like suggested. Please keep posting your comments as I find it really useful and again thank you - you are all saying what my Mum has been telling me. I think I am determined to prove everyone wrong - I must be mad (or stupidly in love) thank you x

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

"I think I am determined to prove everyone wrong - I must be mad (or stupidly in love)"

Yes, you are stupidly in love.

You are accepting incredible stories, you are involved in stalking & harrassment, you are relating the horrible way he treats his children, & it has no effect on you.

It doesn't touch your euphoria at all.
    You're on a high, just as though you were on drugs.
    Reality doesn't seem real.
    But euphoria wears off, & then you'll feel humiliated & ashamed of yourself.

Men who do this kind of thing know very well what they're doing;
    they're taking advantage of the vulnerability of women to certain "triggers" or signals.

Men who "sweep you off your feet", "bombard" you with flowers & love notes, say that you're their soulmate, etc *know very well* that these behaviors trigger the release of endorphins, the feel-good/euphoria-producing hormones.

They know that, as long as they keep that stuff going on, they can do anything they want, they can tell unbelievable lies, they can engage in flagrant misbehavior, & their target will believe them, will stay with them, will remain "stupidly in love" with them.

They have absolute power over their targets.

They don't want a "soulmate".
    They want a victim to abase & to con.

One of the most potent things that they use is physical proximity.

Females who remain in close physical proximity with a male *always* eventually bond with him.

How many times have you heard a dazed, bewildered wife going through a divorce say something like, "I didn't like him when I first met him, but he kept pursuing me, & I finally thought I loved him. Now I think I must have been out of my mind"?

That's exactly what happens.

Once the euphoria wears off (& it will, just like any other drug), the woman crashes.

& the man doesn't care.
    The game's over, he's "won", he's made a fool of her, & he's off to the next one.
    You lost.
    Your problem.

Just like it's his ex-wife's problem right now.

Try an experiment:

Sever all connections for 14 days, that's 2 weeks.

Don't see him, speak to him, email him.
    Don't accept presents, don't read letters or emails from him.
    Pretend he never came into your life.

Then re-read the things you've written on this thread.

I wish you the best.

• mmommy
    17 years ago

Excellent insight and advice, sylvia.

I've read this OP twice and have not been able to figure out where to start.

• weed30 St. Louis
    17 years ago

I think I am going to build a monument to sylviatexas.

RUN RUN RUN. For all the things that sylvia and others said.

If that is not enough, listen to someone who has BEEN THERE, and wasted TOO MUCH of her life. My situation was different in the details, but I can assure you, the outcome will be the same. I was with him for 15 years, stayed for 10 years too long, and I'm now 48 years old, trying to deal with so much regret about all the time I wasted. WASTED. That along with the fallout of being with a jerk....it affects every relationship in your life, and I feel immense guilt about the way I treated my own family because of the incredible ******** I thought I "loved".

They DO NOT CHANGE, and consider yourself very lucky that he has already shown his true colors.

*************RUN*****************

• fleurs_gardener
    17 years ago

****I think I am going to build a monument to sylviatexas***

Me too!

I always enjoy and truly appreciate her comments. She says it like it is!

• kkny
    17 years ago

Weed30

48 is not old in todays world. Please try and cast your sorrows away.

Best of luck

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Thanks, but, really, I think it's just that I've made nearly every mistake known to woman, so a lot of these things just resonate with experiences I've had myself or that I've held someone's hand through.

I think that we so often feel alone & "singled-out", & it's comforting to know that we aren't, that things just work according to plain & simple dynamics, that it isn't just the universe picking on us, & that it isn't some flaw in our characters or our minds.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County