SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

new chandelier - does it look too big?

angelcub
14 years ago

I finally got around to buying the chandelier I've been wanting for my small dining room. I really like it and think it fits my casual cottage style. But I'm wondering if it's too big for the table. DH says it just seems like it because we previously had a small ceiling fan with four lights. It was close to the ceiling and this one hangs down so much further that it's a big difference. He's probably right but I thought I'd ask you all (or is that y'all). : )

Here are a few pics. Note: that small thing next to the top is a fire sprinkler. Also, we really do have landscaping out back. That big hole is the future pond, hopefully being finished next week.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This pic seems to be a little brighter. Ignore the red valance. I made that recently for a friend and it was the only window I had similar in size to try it out on.

{{!gwi}}

Also, we were thinking of making a walnut top for the table similar in thickness to this one DH made for the island. The present top is on the thin side and I've always thought it needed more visual weight. It would be round, too. Any thoughts?

{{!gwi}}

Diana

Comments (23)