SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

What is the feeling when people come into your house?

Shades_of_idaho
11 years ago

We had some people deliver a full body, except head, mannequin I bought from them off of Craigs list this morning. Fun times ahead for me.She will be a floor lamp in the front window. A bit over kill on the Leg lamp. Snicker.

When they came in to see the other mosaic mannequin I made a few years ago they were amazed how Large our house was. LOL Then I took them through the house to see the mosaics on the walls and they kept commenting on how big the house is. When I told them it was just about 1375 SQ FT they were shocked that is all the larger it was.

I am thinking because the living room dinning room kitchen are all open to each other and the ceilings are vaulted to about 9 1/2 foot in the center it makes the whole house seem spacious.

I also wonder if being able to see all the way through the house to the far wall in the master bedroom also adds to the feeling of space?

Do any of you do some thing to make your smaller houses feel bigger?

And BTW I know scary showing total strangers through our house but remember this is a small town and the strangest thing is they were from my husbands childhood home area and he knew my husbands uncle and other members of the family. How is that for amazing! They had a good visit and I think we have made some fun friends. They want to do some mosaic tile work in their kitchen AND she loves winter as much as I do.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996