SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyvreni

Ex-wife is manipulating BF and not moving on

ladyvreni
17 years ago

I'm not sure what I can do about my situation since I'm only the new GF but I'm seriously concerned about my BF's ex-wife's inability to move-on with her life. She still wants him to do things for her like move her to a new place, fix her computer, fix her car, etc. instead of taking care of these issue herself. She's still trying to elicit pity and control thru her manipulation of too weak, too broke, whatever the excuse is.

Here's the worse part tho, she doesn't appreciate anything that he does for her. He's a very generous person and he helps her with additional financial needs - he gets no thanks for it. He's a great dad and takes care of the kids needs endlessly, taking them to appointments, buying them things, paying for college - she doesn't thank him for any of it.

I've told him that when she tells him that they should "still be friends" it means to her that he should still do anything that she requests that she doesn't either want to do herself or pay for herself.

My real concern is down the road, if he doesn't put an end to this soon.....it's going to interfere with everything. I'm not wanting to make a mountain out of a molehill (still GF status) but when she asked, yet again today, for him to help her, it made my blood boil, and I really don't want this to continue. Any advise?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz