SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

The New Michaels

pezabelle
12 years ago

Was in the store yesterday to take advantage of their 77 cent sale on Americana, out of 30 colors I wanted I came away with 8...not a nice average!

The store has moved the "decorative paints" to the far side of the store where one side of the isle is brands like Americana and Crafters and seems like Fork Art paints and the other side is all Martha Stewart. Very impressive display! They do not offer very many choices of colors, but lots and lots of "tools" Lots of specialty brushes, sponge brushes and tops for their bottle and lots of stencils. The bottles are $2.99 for 2 oz's and the samples look really great (as if they would show a bad sample)

I came away with the impression they were offering a very simple way to add a decorative look to your home, etc. They did have several free projects but they were all using stencils or their spray attachment for spraying large areas. There was no shading or highlighting, and not a lot of information on the basic of what you can do with the paint or if you need to add mediums for different uses, such as glass or metals.

I was not taken with anything, except maybe a stencil or two, but they are still on the shelf.

I guess we now wait and see if the designers switch to the new line and if they do I hope someone comes out with a conversion chart really fast! I don't need another brand of paints taking up space and confusing my already over confused brain!

Belle

Comments (4)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner