SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

Frustrated w/Real Estate Agent

wantoretire_did
13 years ago

I don't want to post this on the Buying/Selling forum, so here goes. Our Cape Cod house (1400 sq. ft.) has been on the market for nearly 2 years - listed 3 days before the crash. We've had few showings, mediocre attendance at open houses, and not one offer. Unfortunately, we have become (not close) friends with our agent.

So now we are at the tourist season in our area (horserace track) as well as a huge nano tech campus being built nearby, and had an open house today (Sunday 11-1). A man came in just as we were leaving, right at 11. We killed 2 hours then came home a little after 1:00. No note from realtor, and it's after 7:00 and no phone call as to how it went. I just left a message saying that we had expected to hear SOMETHING back by now. She wants to hold open house on the one day a week that the track is closed, which means hiding all of the below yet again and going through the routine.

We had lawn guy and cleaning fairy in on Friday at no small expense, and hid all meds, personal papers,and jewelry today. We did our part. Is it too much to ask for at least a phone call follow-up?

We are about ready to list with another broker. Have thought about it for quite awhile, but she is making an effort - publicizing in newspaper, online, etc. She is not aggressive; has not received any feedback to speak of; just comments that are stated on the online ads and printouts in the brochure handouts by the sign on the lawn ("Its on a slab", "rooms are small").

Since we have not had even a lame offer, we are wondering why. Price is within the range.

I think I know what we need to do........

Comments (32)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional