SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Real estate update

susie_que
15 years ago

Howdie all!

Just a quick update.

Its official...we picked the laziest realtor on the planet to list our house!!

I personally called to ask him to reduce the price last Friday...I also asked him to list a sellers agent bonus.

We also talked about refreshing the pics in the listing as well as the wording.

My agent is a busy busy guy so I took and edited 12 new pics...I thought John was coming by to take them himself but like I said he's too busy LOL.

AS of this Friday the price was officially reduced...took the guy a week to change the numbers, and only this morning do I see the bonus included in the listing. However there are no new pics and the same old tired text.

I've been home sick this week so I guess my frustrations are hightened...damn crud!! its just my luck no one called to see the house when I am home...drats!! LOL

Hmmmm...talk about frustration!!

I have one month left with this guy.

In other news, Claytons house next door got an offer! Keep in mind both houses were listed for the same amount. After the holidays his family lowered the price $10,000. The offer was for $60,000....the family countered with $70,000 ($20,000 less than the original list). The buyer then offered $65,000 and we are waiting to see if his family accepts.

Sadly we are not able to lower our price that much. Additionally it will lower the area comp value and I doubt we will be able to compete.

Still we are going to ride it out and hope for the best.

The house we have our eye on (notice I no longer call it a dream house) well they have lowered it once again making it substantially lower than we were even going to bid on it...but I am now willing to accept that this house is prob not going to be around much longer so I've had to let go of the dream so to speak.

I really appreciate all the kind and encouraging words of support in our endeavor...its really helped us get through the frustration over the past few months.

I think at this point we are in need of a miracle....divine intervention ect...lol!!

Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket today!!

Cheers!

Susie

p.s. I'll link the new listing for opinions when it becomes available maybe tomorrow.

Oh and we plan to file a complaint with the Philadelphia Board of Realtors since our requests were not done in a timly manner....we read the table of ethics and we feel we have at least 3 major complaints.

Comments (10)